Just a Thought

Thursday, December 28, 2006

24 hours of baking!!

What was I thinking? I waited until December 22nd to start my baking and wrapped it up by early evening on the 23rd. My legs and back still hurt, but I managed to bake over 41 dozen cookies!! We gave some to our neighbors, the ER staff at the hospital here on the base we live at and all the guard shacks to the base. The kids had a blast delivering them and we plan on making it a tradition. It was great to see the joy in peoples eyes. It really helped our family to feel the Christmas spirit.







































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is a LOT of cookies! LOL I'm sure they were well received and much appreciated. :)

Ernie Hendrix said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful thing to do!!! Congratulations on teaching your kids the true meaning and spirit of Christmas.

Neverland Scraps said...

oh my gosh, Melissa....that's a TON of baking!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness are you sure you are right profession?!?!? Those treats look like they could fetch a pretty penny. I'm salivating over here!