Just a Thought

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Refelection

Well as another birthday nears I find myself reflecting on my life so far. Am I happy with where I am at in my life right now? The answer is no. I am happy to have my family and the blessing that they are. My dissatisfaction is with myself. I will be the big 40 next year and I am so unhappy with my appearance. I have finally reached a point in my life where I know I need to do something about my weight. Maybe it was the heart attack scare I had in June, I don't know, but I am ready to finally do something about it. So as a birthday gift to myself I am going to lose my weight by my 40th birthday next year. I need to do this for myself mostly, but I need to stay healthy for my family. I know I can do this, I did a similar gift almost 9 years ago. On my 30th birthday I quit smoking, cold turkey and have not even had a desire for a cigarette since then. I will update on my blog my process, I know it is going to be a long and sometimes dicouraging road, but I have to do this for my health. Wish me luck!

No comments: