Just a Thought

Thursday, January 11, 2007

15 Years Ago Today.....

I married by wonderful husband Walter. I can't believe it has been 15 years!! We met in November of 1991 at a church dance. He came up to me with this line, "Hi, my name is Walt as in Walt Disney, but he's the one with all the money." How could a girl not fall in love with that? LOL!! We started dating and 4 days later he asked me to date him exclusively. 10 days after we met he asked me to marry him, to which I said yes. I knew the moment we met he was the "one". So 2 months and 2 days after we met we were married in the Seattle Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for Time and all Eternity. That's right, he is stuck with me forever!! Hee hee. It has surely been a long road and sometimes very difficult. But as I look back I know the hard times have helped us grow closer together and made our marriage stronger. He is my best friend and I could never imagine my life without him. We have lived in many places, (thanks to the military) and added 3 beautiful children to our family. He has helped me grow in so many ways and truely blessed my life. I shudder to think what my life would have been like if I did not meet him. Thank you Walter for 15 incredible years. I look forward to eternity with you!! Smooches!!


















5 comments:

Neverland Scraps said...

Happy anniversary!!!!!!!!
15 years is a long time. You guys should be so proud of yourselves!! Here's to another 15 years!!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys!

Deena said...

Awwwww!!

Happy Anniversary may you have many many more years together!!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary bennetts!!!!
:D

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful blog. It has been a remarkable 15 years. Melissa you are a awesome wife. I am very lucky that you had faith that there was more to me than a corny pick up line. You are always there to support me and I do not worry about the future with you by my side. You are my best friend and my companion. You are a great mother who guides our little ones to be the best they can be. I love you for who you are. I may not ever understand about blogging or designing digital scrap pages but I am glad that it brings you so much joy. You truly are my better half and I look forward to growing old with you. Thank-you for the best 15 years and I look forward to the next 15. The best is yet to come. I will always be grateful for all that you do for me and our family. Love Always and Forever Your Eternal mate Walter