Just a Thought

Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentines Day Hybrid Projects

So I got to make some fun stuff for Valentine's day for Nicole's Pre-K class and her teachers and bus driver. For the treat bags I used Shabby Princesses Confection Collection. These turned out so cute and will definately be using that collection over and over!! For her teachers and bus driver I used little mail boxes I got at Target in the dollar section (woo hoo, love me a good dollar deal!!). I then printed out some papers from my kit Stupid Cupid and modge podeged them on the mail boxes. I added some fun ribbons, filled with tissue paper and candy and that is it!! I was a little heart broken when we took them to school and her teacher says, "Oh those are so cute, did you buy them somewhere?" I answer "no". Then she says, "Oh did someone make them for you"? Um, I guess I don't look like the type that can create anything!! LOL!! But those of you who know me, know I have quite an extensive crafting past!! My garage full of craft supplies, just proves this further. To finish off the day her bus drive was just thrilled and surprised to get hers, that made up for the teachers comments.









10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on these..they look so cute! Sorry for the teacher comment...just try to see it as a compliment...they were SOOO cute she thought you bought them at a specialty store or something...so you're the bomb!!!

Unknown said...

P.S. I forgot to say how much I love all your Valentine kits!! Bought them all...as usual!! I just can't help myself!

Anonymous said...

The comment boxes are ADORABLE!I LOVE your work.Huge fan!I just made a Space Sprockets kit useing your commercial space brushes.Heres a link to my blog if you'd like to take a peek :)
http://mandymystiques.wordpress.com/

Mandy

Charlize_C said...

Your kit are just so gorgeous, can't wait to start being your guest CT next July ... it's a long long time, Mel ;)

Amber M. said...

DARLING.

Meredith said...

Melissa, these are adorable!!! love your v-day kits (notice i didn't say vd kits!). :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - these are incredible! I would LOVE to be the recipient of your craftiness! Love the valentines kit, too! I just found your blog and your designs are AWESOME! Thanks!!!

;) said...

Hi Melissa,
I came across your blog from your siggy at DST. I have really enjoyed reading it. Your kits are absolutely beautiful! I am going to check out your store.
I saw that you have adopted your beautiful children, we are currently in the process to adopt a baby girl from Ethiopia.
Anyways, just wanted to say hi and let you know that you have a new fan.
Shannon

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am SO loving these Mail Boxes!!! I wished we would have Target here in Germany! Love them!!!

arah said...

those are adorable, Melissa!