Just a Thought

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!

Today my oldest turned 14!! I can't believe I am the mother to a 14 year old. He had his party last night with his friends. They watched movies, played video games and oh ya, turned the house into a war zone during their nerf dart battle. I thought a few times the house would fall down. But I am happy to report that there is no casualties including the house. Tyler asked for an ice cream cake for his birthday, but not just any ice cream cake, the one that we saw on a show featuring the Duggar family on TV. So here it is!! This cake is AWESOME and definately not low cal. LOL!!






























So if it looks too yummy to pass up here is the easy squeezy recipe!!

24 Ice Cream Sandwiches
2 Tubs of Cool Whip
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Syrup
2 King Size Butterfinger bars

Line a 9 x 13 pan with ice cream sandwiches, one layer only. Spread cool whip over the top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel syrup. Crush up one of the butterfinger bars and spread all over. Repeat the following steps again for a second layer and put in freezer to freeze and there ya go!!

Here is Tyler opening his gifts and blowing out all 14 candles!! Happy Birthday bud!! We love you and are so proud of the incredible young man you are becoming!!!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! I can't believe he is 14! I remember when he was 2 and calling me honey.
-Lisa

Anonymous said...

the cake looks vrery yummy! happy birthday to tyler!

Shawna said...

Looks like Tyler had a great birthday! And that cake looks so yummy! I've seen it on the Duggar's shows before but have never made it, I'm definitely going to have to try it out though!

gabs-art said...

OMG this looks sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

I thought my Mom made up that recipe! LOL We LOVE it! But, I use Snickers b/c I don't like butterfingers! lol