Just a Thought

Friday, January 11, 2008

2008 is in da house!!!

Where has the time gone? I can't believe it is 2008!! Makes me long for my 80's hair even more, LOL!! So this year we all managed to stay up until midnight, little ones included and for those of you who know us, yes Walter made it too!! Barely but he made it and after the poppers and confetti he crashed. It was so cute, because we took the kids shopping for party hats, poppers, streamers and noise makers explaining to them we would be having a New Years Eve party. They were all excited and kept asking all night when. So when midnight hit and we let them go wild with their fun goodies and after it was all gone, we told them it was time for bed. Skyler looks at us with a crushed and puzzled look and says almost crying, "That's it?" When we explained to him, yes, he started to cry. I guess he thought is was supposed to be a longer party, LOL. Poor little guy, guess New Years will never be the same for him anymore.
Today was a great day, Walter and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversry. I cannot believe it has been 16 years since we got married. Time has really flown by. We are more in love now than the day we married. It is just amazing to me as I didn't think back then it was possible to love him more. I really feel it is all of the good and bad that we have gone through that has brought us to where we are now and made us as strong as we are. He is truely my best friend and soul mate. Thank goodness for time and all eternity!! We went out to dinner to TGI Fridays and had a really nice dinner minus the kids. We have not gone out to dinner for our anniversary in over 10 years so it was a great treat for us and we enjoyed going our alone (well as alone as you can be in a restaurant on a friday night) time together. Anyhow here are some pics of our New Years and a LO I did of Walter and I for our anniversary. Also a pic that Tyler took of Walter and I tonight. We don't have alot of pictures of me and him. Anyhow, happy new year all!!!





















4 comments:

Neverland Scraps said...

awww!! Melissa breaks my heart to hear about Skylar getting upset about the New Years party!! That's just too precious!!

I love the photos, and seeing pictures of you!! Adorable layout that you've created!!

Sorry that you are longing for your 80's hair style....what am I longing for? Oh to be young again without any responsibility. But then again, I wouldn't have my children and they are my sanity!! :D

Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Shawna said...

Looks like you had a fun new years eve! Our girls didn't quite make it to midnight lol!

And happy anniversary (a few days late)! How fun that you got to go out to dinner all by yourselves, we don't get to do that very often either!

Meredith said...

cute pictures!!! We didn't even bother to do the whole New Years thing with our daughter. She started crying at 10:30 that she was tired and wanted to go to sleep. She never wants to sleep, so of course we put her right to bed! lol! Love your new blog header!

Laura said...

Beautiful lo! When I read your journaling it made me tear up. I hope that I can say that in 11 more years.