Just a Thought

Friday, April 25, 2008

Saying goodbye to a dear old friend

Today we lost out dog of 12 1/2 years. Simba we got as a puppy for Tyler's 2nd birthday and today we had to make the incredibly difficult decision to have him put down. It was of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I got to be there with him the entire time and comfort him and pet him and tell him how much of a good dog he was. My heart is just broken right now and Tyler is just so sad. I have never seen him so sad. We love you Simba and will miss you so much!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about Simba!
-Lisa

Anonymous said...

so sorry! i'll keep your family in my thoughts!!

Meredith said...

oh wow! that makes me want to cry. we had to have two dogs put down in the last six years. one had brain cancer, the other skin cancer. i miss my doggy babies. HUGS, Melissa!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Melissa :*( (((((((HUGE GENTLE HUGS)))))))

Anonymous said...

I am very sad to hear about simba
:( I feel very sad now. Give tyler a hug from aunt susie. I hope you feel better soon -love susie

RealRach said...

So sorry. Been there and getting ready to be there again. That's the worst part of being a pet owner. They just don't last as long as our love does.