Just a Thought

Friday, December 07, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

all over my house!! Okay, I took some pics and I am ready to share them. Just remember I LOVE this time of year!

This tree is the main tree in the house. It is just a modge podge of ornaments. I buy the kids a new ornament every year and when they are grown and married, they will get each of their ornaments. They look forward to helping pick out their ornament every year.























This next tree is my Kitchen tree. I had always wanted a tree in my kitchen and a few years ago I started working on it. I made some permanent gingerbread ornaments for it, totally not edible as they are made with glue, but they look and smell so real. I added some little baskets, small rolling pins, small antique metal cookie cutters, and small kitchen utensils and pots and pans.






















Next is my new tree I just did the other day. I had seen the idea at a craft show I went to. This is the one in the giant ceramic mug. I am really please with the way it turned out.






















I also have an Americana tree. This one is in my office which is also Americana decor. I did this tree the Christmas after 9/11.






















The newest one is my tree in my master bedroom. This one was my hubby's idea!!





















I also have a trio of smaller trees behind my love seat, these are my funky trees. They have bright, fun and funky ornaments on them. They match nothing in my house, but I love them!!






















I did my first hybrid project this week. I altered a Barn Star, thanks to inspiration from Janet (As You Wish at DST). I used my kit Cinnamon Sticks and printed out the papers and modge podged them to the star. I am really happy with the way it turned out and could really get addicted to this hybrid thing!!




















On tuesday they had the tree lighting ceremony here on the post where we are living. My oldest Tyler had to perform there with the middle school band. I was so proud of him. He plays the trombone and has really come along way with it! They held it indoors because of how cold it was. I was really glad for that. The little ones got to see Santa and I got a pic of them with him. They were so excited and not as scared as they used to be.
















We got our first snowfall of the season here in Maryland on Wednesday. The kids were so excited and Skyler kept peeking out the window saying, "Is is deep enough yet?" He was dying to go outside and play in it. We finally went out and found the neighbors out there too. While she and I talked I kept getting hit with snowballs from Skyler. It was beautiful to see and this is earlier than what we got last year. We ended up getting 5 inches and the next day they ended up doing a snow day for all the schools here.















Well that is about it for my catch up post. Two posts in 1 day, man I am on a roll!! LOL!! Hopefully I can do better at this blogging thing. Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Monique said...

OMGosh you have sooo many trees! We just do one, and we have a hard enough time fitting that one in... lol. I just love your kitchen one though, when we get our own home (we currently rent) I'm going to have one too. I just love it! We also buy a tree ornament every year for our DD, as do her grandparents. This year's the Hallmark 3rd girl's Christmas, after the last one (5th) we'll let her help pick one out each year, her grandparents send the Grand-daughter one from Hallmark each year. Anywho, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, happy holidays!

Michelle said...

Wow, Melissa, we are lucky to get one tree up. I do have a little tree in the kitchen. I might make some hybrid ornaments for it.
They are all beautiful.

Shawna said...

Oh my gosh girl that is some serious Christmas decorating!! I absolutely LOVE all your trees!! And your barn star turned out fab! I'm telling ya these hybrid projects are so addicting!!

Melody aka pebbles7195 said...

OMG - what fabulous trees!! Wish I had the room and desire to do half of that!! Love it!! :)

Unknown said...

Ooooh! Gorgeous trees. Love the kitchen one, and the one in the big cup. Thanks for sharing them.

Petra said...

wowzers I loooove all the trees, especially the one from the kitchen and the one in the big mug, neat idea!! Also love the awsome christmas header, great photo! It all looks fabulous!!

Heard so many great thigs about you, from Karen (cloggie68) my buddy and love all the christmas kits you made this year! :)

Have a great sunday and thanks for stopping by my blog :) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Melissa your Trees looking great!!! I wish you Happy Holidays!!

Margie said...

Wow!! Well I hope your family wins the contest-looks terrific so far! Careful going on the second floor :)
Love all your decorated trees. It's one of the things I miss most about not living in the states=a nice Christmas tree to decorate!

Neverland Scraps said...

oh my heavens you have a fetish with Christmas trees! I thought my mom had a thing for trees...its nothing compared to your trees! I can't wait to show her your trees tomorrow. She's going to love them!!

Wow, a 4-year old losing a tooth! Madalyn is just now starting to stress about her two loose teeth, fretting about when they'll fall out, how they'll fall out, if they'll hurt, etc!

Anyways, its great seeing you update your blog again!!

Meredith said...

I LOVE your trees. I used to have one for every room in the house (including bathrooms) but they didn't all make it on our last move back to Utah. Good thing, they wouldn't fit in our tiny little house! :) We have three this year and my husband's family thinks I am excessive! lol! If they only knew.... :) I LOVE that tree in the ceramic mug! So cute! At first glance I thought it was full-size tree in a GINORMOUS mug! :) I so want to know where you live so I know if we know any of the same people! I lived in Olney for about 5 years and Gaithersburg for a bit, too! LOVE Maryland and miss it so much!