Just a Thought

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ch, ch, ch, Changes!!

Oh my goodness how fast life can change on ya!! We decided last tuesday night after much prayer not to move back to Washington State. Then tuesday night we get a call for our ad on our house for rent. They met with our realtor on saturday and loved the house so they want to rent, but even more they want to buy it!!! So the realtor is going to start working on that end of it and said if they won't quailfy right now they should in a few months. Then thursday Walter gets a call at work from the housing office at Fort Detrick which is over an hour north of DC near the PA border. We have been on their housing list for almost a year to get into one of their new 4 bedroom homes. Well they offered us a house!! So we are moving to Fort Detrick at the end of June!! I am so excited. We are going from a 1300 SF 4 bedroom home to a 2100 SF 4 bedroom home and it is in an area where I can send my kids to public school!! We love it up there. It is beautiful and out in the country and near all the scrapbook stores, finally. So things have really turned around for us in just a matter of a week. It is truely amazing what the power of prayer and faith in God can do to your lives. So now I will be busy trying to get my house packed and ready to go. I have barely a month to get it all ready.
I did manage to get another kit done and this one is completely different from anything I have ever done yet. This kit is really along the style of the crafts I used to do. You can find it at http://plaindigitalwrapper.com and http://www.elementalscraps.com





































We also had an amazing opportunity last tuesday night to see the Queen of England and her husband Prince Phillip fly out of Andrews AFB here. Tyler and I went and stood in line and waited almost 2 hours to see her. It was amazing and a once in a lifetime opportunity. My pics did not turn out so great as it was night time and with the shutter speed and all the movement they were blurry but here they are.
















7 comments:

Christine said...

WOW!!! Surely some very eventful days you have had lately!!

The Queen!! That must have been so special! :)

Great kit!! Love the colors :)

Anonymous said...

YAY and congrats on the new house. A perfect time to move for the kids I bet huh? Wow, I love the new kit so much. This is your style girl!!! LOVE it!!

Amanda said...

WOW WOW WOW - sounds like you are full of God's blessings right now - how awesome! So neat to see His hand at work! How cool that you got to see the Queen come in!

Good luck with your move!

Azrood said...

Wow, what great news! I'm so glad that things are working out for you and your family! It's funny how life works! Oh, and I'm in love with the new kit!!! I'm definatley going to be scooping that right up!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic news! Some similar things have been going on in my life -- new jobs, etc -- just some great things actually coming through after waiting for so long. It's a great feeling, definitely!

Cute kit too!

Kirstie said...

it's great how things can come together sometimes, but I don't envy you having to pack!! That kit is awesome too.

Demetria said...

Hey Melissa just wanted to post a link to the LO I created with your American star kit...

I hope you like:

http://www.thedigiboutique.com/studio/showphoto.php?photo=26693&cat=500&ppuser=1081

Demetria
createlms_dw2003@yahoo.com