Just a Thought

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Letting go......

I thought this day would be an exciting day for me. I thought the freedom would be very welcome by me. I was looking forward to this day I thought. Today was the first day of school for my two youngest. Nicole and Skyler are both starting kindergarten and will be there all day. Nicole I am used to her going to school, since she has been attending preschool for the last 2 years. Skyler was so excited today and wouldn't take off his overloaded backpack all morning. We walked them to the bus stop and waited patiently (well the parents did anyway) for the bus to arrive. They got on the bus and found a seat where they could wave at us from the window. It was then it hit me, my babies are growing up. Skyler would not be home with me during the day and I felt the tears start falling down my face. He was so brave and I fell apart. Now I am sitting in a too quiet empty house and I am having mixed feelings. I am excited for them to start school and to learn and have fun, but I can honestly say, I miss the noise, the distractions, yes even their arguing. I know each day will get better and that I will be able to let go. But until then I miss my babies.































































































































5 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

Cool blog. Always bittersweet when the kids go off to school.

A couple cool blogs with adoption stories:

www.jedwhetten.blogspot.com not the whole blog but some good adoption posts

and
carli-somewhereovertherainbow.blogspot.com
Adoption is awesome by the way!

Anonymous said...

wow great photos!!

susan said...

I'm about to send my oldest off to college but I do reemember that first day on the school bus like it was yesterday. I cried too!

lorig said...

My girls first day is later this week. The youngest is in grade 2 so I should be used to this by now, but I still find the house strangely quiet when they go back. You got some great first day photos though.

Amber M. said...

Such a sweet post, Melissa. Darling pictures of daddy walking the kids to the bus stop.